Monday, January 26, 2009

"Dear Memories"

Hello friends!
I wrote out some lyrics two nights ago, and I thought it'd be cool to share them with you. The song is not about me, mind you, no one close to me has died recently or anything (thank God!!!) but I'm hoping that maybe this song will encourage someone who is going through that pain of loss.

- - -

Verse one:
"I miss you, but I'm holding on
Pressing forward, trying to be strong
It's not easy without you hear,
And yet when I laugh, I feel that you are near.


Pre-chorus one:
My heart breaks, but I won't let you go
If I could tell you one thing, I'd want you to know ...


Chorus:
Dear memories fill up my mind
Of times we laughed and times we cried
And in my dreams I can hear you singing

I can see your eyes, I can see your smile
Why can't you come back for a while?
Until the day we meet again, I'll miss you
I'll miss you, my friend. (Instrumental)


Verse two:
It's been a year now, but nothing has changed
I still go to the park, and when I do I feel a little strange
I remember you doing backflips in the grass
I shake my head and ask myself
"Will this pain ever pass?"


Pre chorus two:
Why did you have to go away?
You were so young, what can I say?
The hurt is deep, I cannot sleep
But I still want you to know ... (Chorus)


Bridge:
I remember that night
You were lying there, still trying to fight
I whispered in your ear
"Oh, please don't cry, peace is near."
I held your hand, I prayed to God for another day
To hold you in my arms ...
... But you slipped away." (Instrumental, pre-chorus two, chorus)

- - -

So that's the song ... The lyrics, at least. I'm hoping to sit down with a guitar tonight and add some chords and what not. Maybe I'll even record a video of it. Who knows? :)

2 comments:

Josh said...

Please, please, please record a video for this. I would love to see it! This song is beautiful, Stacey. Great job. :]

Mikey said...

Stace. That was amazing! I would love to hear it! Maybe you could send into Idol ;)