Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Let the monsters see you smile ..."

The past 4 years have been difficult for me, and tonight I'm feeling really down for some odd reason. Nothing major, just a little blah. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I do want to share something that I've found to be incredibly encouraging. It's a song called, "Life is Beautiful" by Vega 4.

Before I go any further, I must warn you that even though "Life is Beautiful" is a good and uplifting song, Vega 4 is known for explicit lyrics (according to Amazon). But I came across this one song while watching a TV show and fell in love with it instantly!

The entire song is uplifting, with a really great sound, and lyrics about how life is beautiful, and how there are miracles all around us, but there is one line in the entire song that has encouraged me so much and continues to encourage me still:


"Let the monsters see you smile ...
Let them see you smile."



That pretty much sums up the attitude I've been trying to keep up with for the past 4 years. I'm not trying to make my life sound like a soap opera, but I've been through bad situation after bad situation after bad situation, like the enemy has just been throwing monsters at me to grab my ankles and drag me down. But through it all God has lifted me up out of their clutches time and time again, and He has given me the strength to overcome whatever the enemy has sent my way so far. Most of all He's helped me keep a positive attitude through it all - He's helped me to smile.

Over these past 4 years I've found so much comfort in just smiling. Even when I didn't feel like it, or when I don't feel like it, I'll do it anyway and I feel like any grip on my ankles is automatically weakened. It's like when the monsters see me smile, they see that what they are trying to do isn't working and they shrink back in fear, because they see that God is holding me up and isn't allowing me to fall into their traps, and they're afraid of that.

This is why I find those lyrics so powerful, because for me there is a lot of truth in them. So I hope that in the future when the monsters are lurking around, you'll be able to let them see you smile too.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

Those are indeed powerful lyrics! Man. I'm really sorry for all your bad situations :( but I'm so glad you keep your chin up; sometimes that's all we can do!

Keep smiling :)

-Mikey

Josh said...

I like this a lot Stace. Its really what you've been helping to teach me, and I'm so thankful for you and for this power of thinking positively.

Great post! I love you Stacey Lu!