Sunday, April 19, 2009

Investing in relationships

Lately I've noticed myself cherishing my friendships and relationships more than I used to. Not to say that I didn't cherish my friends before, but now after I have the honor of talking to someone, I'll just stop and be thankful for the time spent with them, no matter how short it was. I don't know why this is happening either, but I know that I REALLY want to feel this more, and I want to be able to express the appreciation, you know? I was just (literally 10 minutes ago) trying to think of ways that I could do this, but nothing really came to mind. After a few more minutes of thought, I felt the Lord telling me to invest in my relationship with Him first, and that the others would follow. That makes sense! I mean, He is the first and everything revolves around Him, right?

I remember in church several months ago, we talked about the question of what to do when we get lost or side-tracked in our spiritual journeys, and the answer was, "Come back to the cross!"

Come back to God, come back to the beginning, come back to where it started, allow the Lord to renew you and then get back on the right path. I feel that the same definitely applies to our relationship. If you want to become a better friend, strengthen your current relationships, or whatever, focus on your relationship with the Lord for a while. Learn from the best friend that there could ever be and learn how to appreciate and cherish your relationship with Him a little more. Really invest in your relationship with Him!

I thought I'd share this because it's been at the front of my mind for a while now. I'm super excited for tonight - I'm going to Young Life for the first time in a long time. Really, really great people are there, and I'm excited to see them again.

Adios!

0 comments: