Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blogging in the rain.

Hey guys!

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. I also have been slower updating on Twitter, so it's safe to say I've been an internet slacker as of late, which is nothing terrible. But I'm going to start updating more often again, Yay!

It's storming pretty badly right now. I'm sitting here on the couch looking at the rain and listening to the distant thunder. It's kind of nice! There were tornadoes being reported earlier, so I'm hoping that it doesn't get that bad again.

Anyway, I wanted to share a few things that went on this past weekend. It started on Friday - I was privelaged to lead worship and the Healing Center. I was talking to a friend afterwards and I told her it was like a glimpse of what it might like to be on tour since I was the first worship leader of five, and then she asked me what I would name a band if I ever had the chance. I still haven't come up with an answer . . . Ideas? Yeah, while Jenn Silver led worship later on, a woman named Pam pulled me aside and introduced me to (what was to me, at least) a whole new way of worship. Dance! She had three really nice . . . I guess you could call them shawls, and she gave me one and taught me a dance!

I felt so free while we were dancing. Praising God with mind, voice, soul, and body was simply amazing. Dance worship is most definitely something I would like to learn more about. Also, I met a girl named Ashley. She was one of the worship leaders, and we were paired up during a blindfold excersize. She is absolutely wonderful, and I'm truly, truly inspired by her. Hopefully I'll get to see her again, soon!

So yesterday my grandma took me out to see a movie. We saw "Monsters Vs. Aliens" which is currently the #1 movie in the nation. If I used a school-like grading system, I would give it a D which in my world stands for DON'T SEE IT. It's an interesting idea for a movie I guess - nothing that hasn't been tried before only with a couple of twists, but unless you're 13 years old or younger, you're not going to be too thrilled with it. If you have a son, daughter, little sibling, neice, or nephew, then I would recommend taking them to see it. Otherwise, save your money. I'm not trying to bash the creators or anything, I'm just saying . . .

Stephen Colbert was in the movie! He was the funniest character for sure, and it was definitely funny that he played the president. Too funny!

Anyway, that's pretty much what I've been up to over the past few days. I've been working on the book a lot, too! I'm actually working on a chapter that's way ahead of where I actually am (if that makes sense) but it's going well! I might post a little bit of it later on.

Thanks for reading! I'm off to watch The Rock and Worship Roadshow. It's being streamed live on the internet tonight which is super cool! The show is in Bossier city tonight, with Addison Road, Tenth Avenue North, Hawk Nelson, Jeremy Camp, and MercyMe!

http://www.therockandworshiproadshow.com/ Check it out!

Take care! Thanks again for reading.

0 comments: