Friday, March 6, 2009

This is the wife I want to be . . .

So last night (thanks to a very, very dear friend of mine), I went to see my favorite musical artist in concert, and it was truly a blessing. His name is David Archuleta - perhaps you've heard of him - and not only is he talented musically, he is just such a sweet young man with his head on straight, and a true heart for God. He was the runner up on American Idol in 2007, and one of his performances was a song called, "Angels" after the season was over, the original writer allowed David to record "Angels" and put it on his own album, so he did.

It was his last song of the night, and as he sang it, the lyrics spoke to me and made me realize what kind of wife I want to be.

- - -

"I sit and wait
Does an angel contemplate my fate?
And do they know the places were we go
When we're grey and old?

'Cause I've been told that salvation let's their wings unfold
So when I'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head
And I feel that love is dead . . .
I'm loving angels instead

Through it all she offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong . . .
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me

I know that life won't break me, when I come to call
She won't forsake me . . . I'm loving angels instead.

When I'm feeling weak
And my pain walks down a one way street
I look above, and I know I'll always be blessed with love
And as the feeling grows, she breathes flesh to my bones

And I feel that love is dead . . .
I'm loving angels instead . . ."

- - -

That to me paints the picture of an absolutely wonderful wife, especially the chorus. Through everything I believe we need to offer our husbands protection, love, and affection no matter what the situation, (with the exception of some, of course) and my most favorite line is, "She won't forsake me . . ."

Gosh, I want my husband to say that about me someday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post - couldn't agree more. Great song. =)