Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girl's night!

Last night was amazing! Actually, the whole day was amazing. I got to go visit a college that I've been looking into, and met some of my mom's old work colleagues. They were all really, really nice!
Next time I'll go and take a closer look at the program I've been interested in.

So in the evening I went to the Vineyard Student Union for girl's night! I got there early to hang out with Jenn and Cbryn, which was a great time as always. Oh! We popped over to the middle school auditorium and watched "Talon" perform some sweet cover songs.
I remember being in middle school. Gosh, it seems like forever ago! What's really funny is that most of the middle schoolers there are taller than me. I fit in the with 5th graders, and some of them are taller than me too!

Jenn, Cbryn, and I were privileged to kick off girl's night with some really powerful worship. Our song list looked like this:

Here I Am To Worship
Lead Me To The Cross
Fire Fall Down

Cbryn had the idea to add Jeremy Riddle's "Full Attention" and then Jenn had the idea to wrap it all up by going back and singing the chorus of "Here I Am To Worship" again. Both were absolutely wonderful ideas! I'm so thrilled and honored to have been a part of the worship with Jenn, Cbryn, and everyone else in the room.

After worship we did some breakout sessions. I went in with Steph and Megan to hear about their high school / college lives and the events that have brought them to where they are today. It made me realize just how crazy things can work out sometimes.

Of course, we played some games. "If you really knew me . . ." being the first, which made me feel great and awkward at the same time. I LOVED learning about the girls in my circle, but talking about myself is just . . . I don't like it. I just blurted out a bunch of random facts. Megan started cracking up when I mentioned kicking one of my own teeth out in Taekwondo class.

We played Sardines! The best part was hiding under the stage in the middle school auditorium. It had an eerie feel to it, like we were "hiding from the Nazis" as someone mentioned while we were down there.

I ended up staying awake until about 5:30, mostly talking to Sidney, Kasey, and Sam. I did get to watch a few rounds of the Crazy Ninja game, which is hilarious to watch!

I really, really hope we get to have more times like that soon. The bonding was just amazing! Oh! And I learned that a girl there lives in my neighborhood! I foresee much hanging out over the summer.
Oh yeah!

1 comments:

Mikey said...

Ah, that sounds like a blast! :D I've always wanted to go under the stage at church... Fun?
Missed you at co-op today :/

Mikey