Monday, March 9, 2009

Why do we settle for bad things when we're trying to be good?

So I've been eating healthy food lately, and exercising a lot. Now, this is all for health purposes, mind you, not because I'm trying to lose weight or anything. I was talking to a dear friend last night and he joked,

"You can't lose weight - there's nothing left for you to lose!"

"I've got 85 pounds of nothing." I replied.

Yes, I only weigh 85 pounds, and have never ever broken 90. What's up with that? I eat a lot, but I don't gain anything! It's called a fast metabolism . . . Very, very fast, and it's a family trait from my dad's side. I don't want to be a twig forever, but this fast metabolism will be my best friend in the future, I'm sure (and have also been told many, many, many times before, haha!).

Okay, now to relate this post to the title.

Like I said before, I've been eating really well and working out a lot lately, trying to keep myself in good health so that I can go out and do good things without the hassle of getting sick as often as I used to. Two nights ago after I ate good, healthy food all day and exercised some, I had me an ice cream sandwich!

"I did really well today, so why not have a treat?" I asked myself.

Ready for the funny part? One ice cream sandwich apparently wasn't enough, because I went ahead and had a second! They were good, too! Haha! Anyway, it made me wonder . . . Why in the world is it that when we're trying to do good things, we settle for crap?

People try so hard to watch what they eat. All day they'll count calories, drink more water and all of that good stuff. But how do they reward themselves? With a great big treat, which is exactly what they're trying to break away from. Does it do anybody any good? I just don't get it . . . And I'm obviously just as guilty, with my two ice cream sandwiches. (Haha!)

If anything, the ice cream will do me good. Maybe it'll help me gain weight or something! My gosh, after bike riding and running, my legs feel like mush! (So if you see me walking like a toddler, don't be surprised)

I've been eating healthier, yes, but I've been eating MORE which will hopefully help me to get in shape and gain weight or help me to not lose weight. I'd loooove to break 90 pounds sometimes soon, haha!

Take care!!!

3 comments:

that strange one said...

Haha I said something similar in my "I Question Existence" blog. xD
Only I said something about our bodies making us want to die... but that's just b/c it's my pessimist blog. Haha I'm weird. :o)

Anonymous said...

There are many remedies and many programs available in market for reducing and building the body with physical efforts and being fit.

Joules Evans said...

Ice Cream is a gift from God!